Thursday, July 19, 2012

Arts Camp day 4...

Hey everyone! I hope y'all are having a fantastic Thursday evening! Well Arts Camp day 4 is: complete! Its nearing the end of our VBS camp and its bittersweet. I've absolutely loved teaching this year and I hope to do it again next year! We have one more day left which is tomorrow and although I'll be glad its over so I can get some much needed rest, I am also sad. Its a bummer that I have to wait a whole other year before it comes back around again, but no worries!


Anyways, day 4 went very well. I have to say a huge thank you to my other teachers and my younger teens that are dealing with the kids hands-on, they are all awesome!! :) Its been a great week and I can't wait to do it again next year! I am trying to get rested up for one of the longest days which will be tomorrow because its not only the last day of camp but its also SHOWCASE NIGHT!!! Showcase just means that the kids will present what they learned to their parents and all of us by either putting it on display in the art gallery or actually performing something on the stage for them. Which my kids will be performing what they learned this week as well as the Dance track and Drama track will also be performing what they learned. The Visual Arts track, Creative Craftsmanship track, and Culinary track will be putting what they learned out on display in the art gallery. Performance night is a huge, crazy, chaotic night but its so much fun!!! I'll be at my church from 7:50am to probably somewhere around 11:00pm-possibly 12am. Its a huge deal to clean everything up afterwards, so that takes the longest. But this week is the absolute greatest because this camp is all about sharing the gospel and possibly bringing some kids to a lifetime relationship with Jesus that would've never had if they didn't come to Arts Camp 2012!! I am so humbled and blessed to be working with such amazing staff and crew!!! Lets keep the energy going for one more day people! As my camp co-producer always says every year "Its one week people, one week!!!!" :)


Well, thats it for now!! I'll try and blog tomorrow to tell you all how the performance night went and also how the last day of camp goes! Have a great night everyone! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment