Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Adventures Arising!

Hey everyone! I hope y'all are having a great Thursday morning! I just wanted to share with you some new and exciting adventures that have recently made an appearance in my life.



First of all, I applied for a job at fitness center as a front desk receptionist on Tuesday. I'm very excited about this job! I should know by next week sometime if I got the position. The shift right now would be the opening shift which is 5am-9am. The manager said that there will be a few dates in July where she will need a fill-in for the morning hours and then a permanent replacement when she goes back to teaching at a school starting August 9th. Its every Thursday starting in August and then here and there possibly in July on Thursdays and also working weekends in August if they need it. Starting in September, she said there would be additional afternoon hours to take if I wanted them, but I wouldn't work both shifts in one day. I would work the morning shift one day, and the closing shift 3pm-8pm another day. Its a pretty easy job, some of the responsibilities are light cleaning and working the cash register. But mainly your there to greet people that come in and answer phones. I hope I am accepted for the job because it would work out perfectly for college classes because I could work around school. She also said I could bring my laptop and do homework, which works out great. The job pays minimum wage, so if I worked every Thursday on the morning shift I'd be making probably around $100 a month. Which works out great for paying for gas for my car and other things. So I'm really hoping I get it! :)


The next thing is a couple months ago I auditioned to be apart of my church's adult worship team. I did my audition back in April and my worship pastor said I needed a little more work on my voice and I needed to come back and re-audition in a couple months. So I've been singing with my church choir and working with a good friend of mine who said she would be my coach. My worship pastor said that I'm more of an Alto range than what I have been singing which is between 1st and 2nd Soprano. So he said to rehearse and sing in the alto section of our church choir and work with my coach, then come back and audition again. What he is trying to do is train me so I can lead a worship service in my alto range, which is great! I've just not sang alot in my alto range, I've been singing 1st and 2nd soprano since I was 11 years old. So I'm supposed to have my re-audition sometime in July I think. So I'm very excited about that! :)


Finally, another brand new thing that has come into my life is my 14 week old puppy! He is such a ball of energy, and so cute! Although, he wakes up incredibly early. This morning he woke me up at 5am! I told my mom he's just testing me for being able to get up for work in the morning! Although, I would have to be up at 4am to get to work by 5am. But nonetheless, its still early when I don't have to get up for work at this time. He keeps me very busy, when he goes in to sleep around 8am-10am I do my school stuff and try to fit in some blogging time before he wakes up. He's still so much fun and if you want to see pictures, I have some in my earlier posts.


Alright, well I think thats it for new adventures in my life at the moment. I'll update y'all on my job situation as soon as I know more and also about my audition. I hope you enjoyed this and I'll be blogging again soon! Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment